Das deutsche QBasic- und FreeBASIC-Forum Foren-Übersicht Das deutsche QBasic- und FreeBASIC-Forum
Für euch erreichbar unter qb-forum.de, fb-forum.de und freebasic-forum.de!

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen  RegistrierenRegistrieren
ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin
Zur Begleitseite des Forums / Chat / Impressum
Aktueller Forenpartner:

Guy with a game concept looking for a decent coder...

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Das deutsche QBasic- und FreeBASIC-Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Projektvorstellungen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Ecu

BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2005, 22:49    Titel: Guy with a game concept looking for a decent coder... Antworten mit Zitat

Dusky Joe sent me here.. happy

I have an idea for a Massive Multiplayer Online Social Game (MMOSG) based around games such as Second Life and Furcadia. In concept it'd almost be a hybrid between the complexity of Second Life and the Simplicity of Furcadia... with extras thrown in.

This is a game design I have worked heavily on and have most (probably 75-80%) of the actual game's design already worked out in my head. The problem is that I lack the complete understanding of 3D programming as well as the syntax of the current programming languages to build the game myself.

I could not offer much money in the beginning to anyone whom took up this project, however, I would pay for a server for us to run the initial beta of the game off of if we suceeded in getting to that stage in developement. In addition, I have connections with a web host, a concept artist, and a flash builder that all would assist in building a site for this game and making it known.

If anyone is interested, please contact me via PM, or one of the various Messangers from my profile.

Thanks,
Ecu

P.S. I did leave the specific information kind of vague due to the fact that this project is something I've been putting together for a few years, and I would rather be part of it then have someone randomly viewing this forum think it was good and just take it. happy I can give more specific information upon request.[/url]
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name MSN Messenger
marzec

BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2005, 23:31    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

and you seriously think you will find capable ppl on a qbasic board? 3d isn't really something many ppl around here are familiar with, especially not to the extend that you need.
MisterD

BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2005, 23:32    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Perhaps you could tell a bit more details of what you have in your mind about the coding..

3D-Coding can be self-made 3d, directX, OpenGL, you can also use existing engines like the halflife engine.

what programming laguages do you expect (if you expect one)?
C, C++, C#, Delphi or Java? Or perhaps Freebasic? zwinkern

@marzec: FB hat Libunterstützung => DX, SDL, OgL etc.. von daher geht das schon.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Ecu

BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2005, 23:41    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Marzec: Yes, I do think that a qbasic forum would be a place for people whom know what they are doing as many of the people who still use qbasic today do so cause it is their favorite programming language, and fidn ways of getting alot more out of it then a new person to programming.

MisterD: Well I can tell ya a bit more here, but would prefer that we speak in private any highly specific details. As for programming language, I was thinking C... however, I would love to see it coded in Freebasic as it would be an accomplishment for such an awesome programming language to do so. grinsen

As for details, the game will be 3D (of course) build upon a base primitive system which all objects in the game will be built from. It'll have two rendering systems.. a object renderer, and a user interface renderer. All objects in the game will also be stored on the server, allowing for people to make objects in the game and potentially sell them to other players in the game for in-game currency which could be traded on a market online for actual currency (alot like second life). I'd like the scripting and building system to be user friendly with advanced options (ala furcadia) but still have quite a degree of power to them. As I said however, this is probably as specific as I'm going to want to go publicly... anyone that is interested I urge you to message me, as I can go over more specifics privately.

Thanks again to all whom are giving me a chance,
Ecu
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name MSN Messenger
marzec

BeitragVerfasst am: 02.10.2005, 10:32    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

MisterD hat Folgendes geschrieben:

@marzec: FB hat Libunterstützung => DX, SDL, OgL etc.. von daher geht das schon.

dessen bin ich mir doch recht bewußt nachdem ich die ersten header für sdl und opengl geportet habe Zunge rausstrecken

wie gesagt meiner ansicht nach fehlt hier das nötige wissen und vor allem die zeit/ausdauer/disziplin für so ein enormes projekt. ich lasse mich aber gern eines besseren belehren.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Das deutsche QBasic- und FreeBASIC-Forum Foren-Übersicht -> Projektvorstellungen Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Impressum :: Datenschutz